Hector is a high level Java client for Apache Cassandra currently in use on a number of production systems some of which have node counts into the hundreds. Issues generally are fixed as quickly as possbile and releases done frequently.
Apache Cassandra is a highly available column oriented database.
- high level, simple object oriented interface to cassandra
- failover behavior on the client side
- connection pooling for improved performance and scalability
- JMX counters for monitoring and management
- configurable and extensible load balancing (round robin (the default), least active, and a phi-accrural style response time detector)
- complete encapsulation of the underlying Thrift API and structs
- automatic retry of downed hosts
- automatic discovery of additional hosts in the cluster
- suspension of hosts for a short period of time after several timeouts
- simple ORM layer that works
- a type-safe approach to dealing with Apache Cassandra’s data model
https://github.com/rantav/hector or clone it directly from $ git clone git://github.com/rantav/hector